11.29.2009

The One With the OverReaction

Relationships can be difficult, and everyone knows that. Between friends, girl/boy friend etc. However, the hardest one from personal experience is family. Revolving around the hierarchy of the father being ontop, I can say that many of us experience this oppression.

I can say for one thing that relationships are a major factor to cause you to change, not the environment. We realize emotions of envy, greed or even pity for the people around us. These emotions cause us to act in light of their perspectives. Its called conformity.

My relationship with my family is neither good nor bad, it causes me to rely heavily on friends. This is a different trust that cannot be symbolized by a retreat activity of someone falling in the hands of their friends, it can most accurately be described as a foundation. When the a foundation crumbles, the weight is dispersed among others around them. Often times when meeting new people, it is a weight I am afraid they cannot carry.

Society as a whole is the definition of the human condition, the epitome of pop culture and Andy Warhol paintings. Society defines people, and people are defined by relationships. Is the human condition all one big relationship?

I had a great break, however it ended bitterly.

No comments: